“Northwest Life” is a seven foot tall ceramic and steel pillar sculpture celebrating the natural life found in the Pacific Northwest. The Great Blue Heron, frog, trout, crows, hummingbirds, bees, Great Horned Owl, and a person with arms raised in appreciation and wonder are featured. The glazed relief carvings contrast with the rusted steel surface. A dramatic piece for the garden!
This piece is currently on display at the City Hall in Happy Valley, Oregon (map).
- Dimensions: 84″(7ft)h x 8″w x 8″d
- Materials: Glazed ceramic mortared and grouted to 1/2″ cement backer board attached to a welded steel frame.
- 18″ x 18″ x 1/4″ steel plate at bottom suitable for bolting or welding to an appropriate base.
- Weight is approximately 200-300 pounds
- Can be placed indoors or outdoors; outside the steel will gradually rust leaving an appealing patina